The Diocese of Glasgow and Galloway is looking to appoint an Administrative Assistant / Property PA to the Dean.
A part-time appointment is required for the Diocese of Glasgow and Galloway in the Scottish Episcopal Church, located in our attractive new Diocesan Centre.
The principal duties of the post-holder will be as follows:
- To support the Dean of the Diocese in his role as manager of Property for the Diocese
- Support the Dean in his administration of the Diocesan Property Committee
- Be responsible for maintaining files on all diocesan owned and managed properties, including church buildings and rectories
- To be responsible for administration of quinquennial reports on properties and arranging visits for the Dean to properties as required
- Support the Dean by maintaining a diary, dealing with correspondence, filing, and answering queries on diocesan properties
- Miscellaneous clerical activities, including generation of materials for Synod
- Working as part of the office team to provide office hours cover and mutual support and cover for other members of the team
- Other duties as may be required from time to time to maintain an efficient Diocesan Office
The post-holder will be an experienced administrator, and will be competent in the following skill sets:
- Good communicator
- Organisational skills, enthusiasm, and ability to share knowledge
- Self-motivated and able to work alone as required
- IT literate, able to use IT office systems, in particular Office 365
- Flexible across the range of office duties and willing to cover as required.
The post holder will report to the Office Manager. Some home working will be permissible, but the place of work will normally be the Diocesan Office, 49 Cochrane Street, Glasgow G1 1HL, over 3 days per week and occasional Saturdays as required.
Remuneration will be £14,872pa / £24,786pa pro-rata. Working hours will be flexible, and averaging 21 hrs per week, with annual leave of 12 days and public holidays as applicable.
Please send a CV and a letter of application, telling us why you think you would be suitable for this position, to the Diocesan Secretary, Diocese of Glasgow and Galloway, 49 Cochrane Street, Glasgow G1 1HL, or by email to email@example.com.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the job before applying, you are very welcome to email Dean Reuben Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download as PDF: Administration Assistant (Property) Advertisement PDF
Download as Word file: Administration Assistant (Property) Advertisement Word